Drinking warm or room temperature lemon water can give you an energy boost, help promote good digestion and clear skin, and flush the body of waste that accumulated overnight. This water usually gives me a boost of energy and makes me less likely to want to head back to bed!
The biggest benefit of lemon water may be from the temperature of the water and not even the added lemon. Drinking any water, especially warm water, first thing in the morning can help flush the digestive system and rehydrate the body.
Dry-brushing is one of those rare things that feels just as good when you do it yourself and it’s incredibly easy to incorporate into your routine. Most experts recommend dry-brushing in the morning, rather than before bed, because they believe it has energizing qualities. I do both as I mainly shower in the evening right before I head to bed and I don’t find that it invigorates me too much.
Some people use the brush on its own; others put a bit of body oil on the brush before they use it. Ideally showering before skin-brushing if you’re using an oil on the brush. If you don’t use an oil, apply oil or lotion after your shower.
Kate has a quick tutorial here on how to do self-massage. Taking care of these seemingly small and simple things now will pay off big time in the future. Share the video with your family and friends!
The tongue scraper (cleaner) is an inexpensive yet transformative little tool. It’s a simple, thin, u-shaped piece of stainless steel. It’s a blunted edge that removes plaque and build-up from the surface of the tongue.
And honestly, once I started using one, I never looked back. It’s a total non-negotiable in my daily health routine.
The tongue scraper/cleaner comes from the tradition of Ayurveda. Some experts even say that people who use a tongue scraper express themselves more thoughtfully, and speak more sincerely and authoritatively.
What?! I want some of that!
Some people think that brushing their tongue with a toothbrush does the same thing but it doesn’t. It simply move things around on your tongue. EW!
And lately dentists are encouraging using one as well.
– The biggest advantage of tongue scraping is it removes excess bacteria, fungus, toxins, and food particles from your mouth that accumulates during digestion. You want this waste out not in your body! It will help with digestion.
– Cravings can be reduced by cleaning the tongue of leftover food. And allows you to taste your food more! Even the subtle flavors.
– And last but not least, it can basically improve your breath. The tongue cleaner prevents bad breath, especially for people who eat a lot of dairy and build up mucus in the mouth, nose, and throat.
– Apply a few quick strokes from the back of your tongue forward after brushing your teeth. You can use it morning and night if you’d like.
– Scrape gently down the tongue several times, while applying light pressure. Always be very gentle with the pressure.
– Rinse scraper and do again.
– Don’t gag yourself either. If you do feel that, you’re going too far or too hard. Go gently and over time you can increase pressure but no more than feels comfortable.
Don’t forget to add this to your shopping list and agree to scrape at least once a day for one week.
See the difference in just a couple of weeks!
Meal prepping can help you spend less time in the kitchen. It can also help you stay on track when it comes to making healthier food choices.
People that succeed with healthy eating and see long-term results usually have one crucial thing in common: They know a thing or two about how to meal prep.
Taken from Fresh and Lean.
Here’s a meal prep cheatsheet taken from Jess’s Gut Feeling program.
Before our classes, our teachers love to cleanse their spaces with The Om Room Palo Santo to enhance focus and creativity, brighten the mood, reduce stress, and boost the meditation + yoga practice.
Palo Santo, also called “Holy Wood”, comes from a sacred tree in Peru. Known for its woodsy-lemony fresh scent, healers have been burning Palo Santo for centuries to remove negative energy, bring forth good fortune, raise energetic vibration and connect deeper into spiritual practice.
To use it, simply set an intention + light the stick!